Here are ten reasons why you should get a .mobi domain name and make your site mobile:
1. There are four times as many mobile phones sold as PCs. That’s 1.3 billion people who can access the internet on their mobile phones.
2. The mobile web is a new marketing channel that’s predicted to generate $150 billion by 2011.
3. According to Nielsen, mobile internet extends the audience reach of many leading internet sites by an average of 13% over PC traffic alone. That means a mobile web site is likely to increase the overall size of your audience.
4. “.mobi” means “mobile” like “.com” means “commercial” on a “computer.”
5. .mobi is a trustmark that tells your customers your site works on mobile phones and that your content is relevant to their mobile context.
6. There are more than 80,000,000 .com, .net and .org sites, but less than 1% are mobile friendly. With a .mobi name and free dotMobi guides, your site will work on any phone with any operator.
7. You can have first mover advantage in the mobile space with the domain name you want. dotMobi has registered nearly one million names but great ones are available if you secure your names now.
8. Unlike m.domain.com or domain.com/mobile, a .mobi address means a site will work on mobile because dotMobi’s free guides ensure that mobile sites adhere to industry best practices and open standards. Oh, and .mobi is the only ICANN-approved naming convention for the mobile web.
9. Mobile sites using .mobi perform better on search engines. Each domain gets only one entry in the web “zone files” that search engines use for their crawls. Your .com or .net is already used for your PC site, so you won’t get an entry for “m.site.com” or “site.net/mobile,” etc. … but you get one for .mobi.
10. Microsoft predicts most people’s first computing experience will be on a mobile. If your brand is one that people see during that formative experience, you will leave a positive, long-term impression.
Find out more at http://dotmobi.mobi or read http://blog.mobi.
Filed under: mobile site | Tagged: web site design bhubaneswar, website design bhubaneswar, website designing, website designing auckland, website designing new zealand | 2 Comments »